Now that you’ve been admitted to Fall in NY, it’s time to make your student status official! Below is a “to-do” list of necessary steps. Please see our Critical Instructions page on the Fall in New York Admitted Student website for additional information.
1. Activate your NetID: Your NetID is your log-in and username information for all NYU e-services and resources. Go to http://start.nyu.edu and follow the instructions.
2. Log-In to NYUHome and Albert: NYUHome is the central hub for online student information. Log-in using your NetID and newly created password. Once you’re in, visit the “Academics” tab, then “Albert Log-in,” and explore the Student Center (aka Albert) where your academic, financial, and personal information at NYU can be found.
3. Accept/Decline your Admission Offer: If you haven’t done so yet, log in to Albert, select “Applicants” and then “Application Status” to accept or decline your admission offer.
4. Activate your NYU Email: 24 hours after accepting your admissions offer, log back in to NYUHome. On the main page, click the “E-mail” link. This should take you to your new NYU email account! If you are having difficulty with this, please see the troubleshooting steps on our Critical Instructions page. Check your email often. It is NYU policy that all communications take place over NYU email, so you won’t want to miss any important messages!
5. Choose your Classes: Detailed instructions on how to register will be posted soon! In the meantime, we suggest you explore the course list online via the Fall in New York website and review the Advising and Registration page here. Registration will begin on Monday, June 20.
6. Follow the Blog: We will post timely reminders, tips, and information on this blog now through the start of the fall semester. Stay on track with your fall preparations by subscribing to the blog now (click “Follow” to the right).
If you have any questions or difficulty completing this initial “to-do” list, please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org!