Starting to wonder what you will need when you are here at NYU? Wonder no more! Here is a suggested list you can use as a starting point:
- Passport (international students) or government-issued photo ID (American students)
- Comfortable walking shoes. New Yorkers walk everywhere…a lot!
- Reusable water bottle
- Laptop or computer. There will be several computer labs available to you around campus, but if you prefer to use your own laptop, feel free to bring it. If you are an international student, don’t forget an adapter!
- Backpack or school bag. You will be carrying your books and supplies with you everywhere and your classes may be blocks apart. It is a good idea to have a sturdy bag with you.
- Medication. If you need medication, you should bring enough to last you for the entire semester. Having copies of your prescription(s) in generic form is also a good idea.
- Extra-long twin sheets (80 inches) for your residence hall bed and towels (if living on campus).
- Toiletries you can’t live without — those brands you know you can only get at home or will be too expensive in New York.
- Battery-powered alarm clock
- Notebooks, pens, pencils, and calendar/planner for class. Bring whatever supplies you know work best for your studying style.
- Warm clothes, especially for the second half of the semester. As they say on Game of Thrones: Winter is coming.
Those of you living on campus may also want to check out NYU Housing’s list online, too!